Monday, April 19, 2010

Helping Hands



Donation box


On a weekly base I volunteer for PACT which is a no kill all volunteer non profit humane society organization for cats.

I have been volunteering with them for about three years and I enjoy every second of it.



The board at our site that shows the cats that are available to be adopted.




New owners for our cats send in current pictures of them settling into their new forever home!


We have annual events, such as Angels with Tails, which is organized by PAWS and is held on the posh Oak St.
Organizations that specializes in different types of animals (mostly dogs and cats) from all over the Chicagoland area sets up in the boutiques and department stores up and down the street so the locals can see the animals and get to know the groups that are featuring these homeless furry friends.







One of our cats, Isaac, getting in my way of cleaning...




Our maine coon, Fieval, relaxes in a scratching box during his time out of the cage...


I love my shopping and make up and high end fashion probably more than the next girl, but I can honestly say I enjoy being in my sweats cleaning out their cages or explaining to the couple looking to adopt one of our cats about our organization, maybe more than all of the above.


For more information on PACT Humane Society please visit our website:

www.pacthumanesociety.org

4 comments:

  1. great post!

    D e g a i n e

    http://www.fashiondegaine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Farah!
    I'm following your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!
    I found your blog from Cupcakes and Cashmere and just wanted to let you know that I'm having my first ever giveaway and would love for you to enter!
    http://caraalynn.blogspot.com
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post, Seiko! We love having you on our PACT team. I actually don't know what we would do without you and your help with the morning shifts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete