Friday, June 10, 2011

Spread




This week, as I was walking down the ever famous Melrose Ave. I came across a young lady holding a tray full of what she called "almond/peanut butter spread" in little plastic cups.

I was hungry, and I needed a little something, and not being in a hurry, I stopped to chat with her for a minute while tasting some of their yummy organic spread.

Seconds later, Andrew, the store owner of Spread walked outside and invited me in to the chic store that they just opened (7350 Melrose Ave.)

Everything in the store has been hand picked (the ingredients) and made by Andrew and his wife Robin.

Newly opened vegetarian friendly store carries almond and peanut butter only at this point but there is a restaurant in San Diego (2879 University Ave. San Diego, CA 92104) that has an excellent review.



My purchases of the day - Mexican Chocolate, Butterscotch, and Dark Chocolate Pretzel.

Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment