Saturday, March 9, 2013

Kicking As*


Recently, I have come to a realization that I can not keep eating a pint of coconut ice cream five nights a week, and need to incorporate a little bit more vegetables in my diet, as a cup of tomato soup really doesn't count.

I researched for something I can do frequently that is close by and fun.
I am lazy so I knew that I needed an instructor, and I can't be driving for an hour in traffic because that alone would discourage me to keep going. Also, many places I have tried (Pilates, barre method type of gym, etc.) offer a beginner's rate for the first month, but then it is expensive to continue on further.
I like to take private session for Pilates and they can be anywhere between $85 and $125 a session.

My answer = all women's kickboxing gym that is 10 minutes away, that has a 10 class/$100 package at all times, and the owner always has a sale -- all with an excellent review on Yelp.

The first class is free, so that was perfect for me to try it out.


The past couple of weeks, I can honestly say I have had the most fun working out. 

I actually look forward to going there, I put my workout clothes out the night before like a kid. 

smoothie


Kickboxing is.....stress relieving, fun, whole body workout and I love that I am not trying to compete with anyone for attention of the instructor, as the class consists of about 15 ladies, and we often work in smaller groups.
We jumprope, do a lot of cardio, which I wanted, and then we box for about half the time we're there.
I have continued my Bikram Yoga, but I wanted to do something different, and now this is a perfect addition to my physical activity.

As a result of the workout I have been doing, I am drinking about 3 to 4 liters of water everyday (about 100 to 135 oz.), and after my workout I stop at an organic juice place that shares the parking lot with the gym, and have been drinking their "green juice." Talk about detox!



handwrap

Another great thing -- I have been a night owl all my life, staying up till the wee hours, and this changed my daily routine as well. 
The class starts at 9:30 in the morning, so I get up an hour before at 8:30, make my protein smoothie, clean my place then I head out. 

I am sore everyday, but I am so happy that I have finally found my gym!!


No comments:

Post a Comment