Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy 4th!!




I will be flying cross country the night of 3rd, and the biggest perk would be to be able to see some of the early celebratory fireworks going on everywhere, literally.

I remember the first year I started flying, and was in the air on July 4th.

The pilots allowed me to stay in the cockpit for a few minutes while we passed a populated area and was able to see the many many miniature firework displays going on 30,000ft below us.

I just thought that was one of the neatest things I was able to witness.

Happy birthday, America, thank you for giving me the opportunity to have some of the best experiences I can only imagine if I lived anywhere else.

Stay safe everybody!

4 comments:

  1. i'm soo jealous! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th!
    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was just saying that i've always wanted to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool, hope i get a chance to do that one day



    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete